Long time member Lucy Carrier suddenly found herself without a job and her future in the UFCW in serious jeopardy when she was terminated from Local 555 in Portland, Oregon.
Throughout the grievance process no resolutions to the unjust discharge could be reached.
“FAIR wasted no time in filing for arbitra-tion and providing me with outstanding rep-resentation throughout the entire process. They were totally committed to me,” said Carrier.
A full reinstatement award with back pay was ordered by the arbitrator.
“We don’t cut corners when it comes to our members’ livelihoods. When we file for arbitration our members are afforded the best representation. Our legal team is first class,” said FAIR President John Heise.
Carrier is happy to be back on the job and doing what she does best, representing workers.
Recent Site Updates
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT
- Sign up for Negotiation Updates
- Links and Resources
- TEAMSTERS LOCAL 38 RATIFIES FIRST AGREEMENT
- TEAMSTERS INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZERS VOTE FOR FAIR IN NLRB ELECTION
- PROPOSED DUES INCREASE NARROWLY DEFEATED
- STAFF PROFILE - PAUL LOWNEY
- WISCONSIN MERGER APPROVED BY MEMBERSHIP
- COLORADO STAFF UNION VOTES TO MERGE WITH FAIR
- LEGAL FEES SOAR